Mr. Joshua Floyd has been employed with the Jimenez Law Firm, P.C. since September 2012. Previously, Mr. Floyd gained valuable experience in Criminal Defense and Family Law while working for two firms in Denton County, Texas before and during law school.
While attending law school at Texas Southern University’s Thurgood School of Law, Mr. Floyd was chosen to represent his school in national mock trial competitions, where he was the top advocate of his class. In his third year of law school, Mr. Floyd was the only student chosen to teach the Trial Advocacy class. He was also a part of the Criminal Law Clinic, where he holds the record for “Most Cases Dismissed”, and graduated with Honors Magna Cum Laude.
Mr. Floyd brings great energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to all his cases. He has proven to be a skilled litigator and tremendous asset to our firm.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Drugs & Medical Devices
- Family Law
- Texas, 2012
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- B.S. – 2008
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, 2012 to Present
- Denton County Bar Association, 2012 to Present
- Denton County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2012 to Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Attorney Association, 2012 to Present
- Phi Alpha Delta